Email from Nick LeRoy on Expired Domains
Thanks for all the comments on the blog these past few months – especially the last one about my niche site experiment. I was curious if I could get your take on a couple things about expired domains.
1. Do you mind sharing your techniques for finding expired domains. I’ve recently been using expireddomains.net but its really only good for finding domains dropped within the last week or so.
2. When you purchase your expired domains do you host them on unique IP addresses? Assuming your link out from these sites to your money sites have you seen any adverse effect from both sites being on the same server? I’ve placed a lot more focus on relevancy and non optimized anchor text then the server / IP / C class level… though i’ll admit its more because i’m cheap and don’t want to pay for multiple IP hosting at this time.
Thanks for your two cents. I’d be interested in reading anything more you have to contribute about small niche sites too!
Finding Awesome Expired Domains
I decided to release this podcast and devote it to finding expired domains with authority. I know there are a lot of other posts out there on this but I have done some experimenting and maybe have a different twist to add. I don’t want to give away all of the details to the podcast in text, but I am going to outline the basics of what I went over.
Finding Your Niche & Keywords
- Expect to Become an “Expert” at this Niche / Topic
- Find A Topic You Will Enjoy with Passion
- There Needs to be a Demand for Keyword
- Traffic Numbers need to be Worth Your Time
Analyze Existing Competition
- How Authoritative are the Sites Ranking?
- Analyze Website Metrics and Authority
- Use Tools to Check How Large Sites are
- Are the Sites Niche Related or No
Find a Domain for Your Niche
- Use Tools to Search for Dropped Domains
- Some TLDs Hold More Power than Others
- Find Domains with Prior Authority
- Make Sure the Site Has a Trustworthy Background
Publish Your New Site (Expired)
- Setup Titles Tags Properly with Plugin
- Do Not Go Overboard with Posting
- Keep to a Certain Path and Pattern
- Think of Your Site as a Brand
Content is King Still
- You Need Lots of Content to Own Your Niche
- Buckle Down and Write Great Content
- Make Your Visitors Happy / Answer Searchers
- Place Adsense and Throw On a Smile
I’m new to the podcast scene so any input on how I can better it, please let me know. I also apologize to those of you that I linked to due to the fact that this blog is pretty amateur yet. I do have big plans for it and hope to become a presence in the SEO scene soon. I love for this stuff and look forward to hearing back some input some of you may have. Don’t be afraid to say your input.. I am very open!